Bluegrass Guitar Lessons Online
with Bryan Sutton
Bryan Sutton captures his Grammy-winning bluegrass sound in this rich library of flatpicking guitar lessons. Students have unlimited access to hundreds of video lessons, guitar tabs, backing tracks, and much more. Learn how to play bluegrass guitar from a true master.
Guitar Improvisation Lead & rhythm techniques
Tons of play along tracks Bluegrass standards tabs
What You'll Learn
What ultimately sets these bluegrass guitar lessons apart from other offerings is the ability to submit a video for review using the ArtistWorks Video Exchange Learning® platform. Bryan reviews each submission and records a video response, offering specific guidance to take your playing to the next level. All students can access the Video Exchange library and watch each other’s interactions with Bryan. This library is constantly expanding and may contain the key to unlock your playing.
Top Quality Guitar Lessons
- 100s of guitar lessons at your own pace
- All levels and styles of playing welcome
- Slow Motion & Looping on videos
About Bryan Sutton
Bryan Sutton is arguably the best flatpick guitarist since the late great Doc Watson. During his eclectic career, he has appeared as a leading session guitarist on albums from Dolly Parton, the Dixie Chicks, Rhonda Vincent, and more. He has also played in the legendary bluegrass bands Kentucky Thunder and Hot Rize. Bryan picked up guitar from his dad at the age of 8 and won his first Grammy award in 2007. He's received IBMA's 'Guitarist of the Year' eight times. Bryan joined the ArtistWorks family in 2011, launching a dedicated bluegrass guitar course for students around the globe.
Bluegrass Guitar Lessons
– Basic Guitar
- Introduction to Bluegrass Guitar
- Tuning the Guitar
- Picking Hand Fundamentals
- Fretting Hand Fundamentals
- Combining Picking Hand and Fretting Hand
- Fundamentals of Practice
- Introduction to Picking Pattern Exercises
- Picking Pattern - Exercise 1
- Picking Pattern - Exercise 2
- Picking Pattern - Exercise 3
- Rhythm and Chords Overview
- Major Chords
- The "Boom Chuck" Sound
- Changing Chords in Rhythm - Exercise 1
- Changing Chords in Rhythm - Exercise 2
- Changing Chords in Rhythm - Exercise 3
- Changing Chords in Rhythm - Exercise 4
- “You Are My Sunshine” (Basic)
- “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” (Basic)
- “Blue Moon of Kentucky” (Basic)
- “Cry Cry Darlin” (Basic)
- “My Home Across the Blue Ridge Mountains” (Basic)
- “Little Maggie” (Basic)
- Introduction to Single Note Playing
- The Major Scales
- The Pentatonic Scales
- Chord Theory
- Walking Bass
- Reading Tablature
- Beginning Hammer-Ons
- Hammer-Ons: Exercise 1
- Beginning Pull-Offs
- Pull-Offs: Exercise 1
- Beginning Slides
- Slides: Exercise 1
- “Wildwood Flower” (Basic)
- Using a Capo
- "Arkansas Traveler" (Basic) - NEW!
- “Big Sciota” (Basic)
- "Billy in the Lowground" (Basic)
- "Blackberry Blossom" (Basic)
- “Black Mountain Rag” (Basic) -NEW!
- “Cherokee Shuffle” - Basic -NEW!
- "Clinch Mountain Backstep" (Basic)
- “Dark Hollow” (Basic) - NEW!
- “Daley's Reel” (Basic)
- "Down The Road" (Basic)
- "Fireball Mail" (Basic)
- “Forked Deer” (Basic) -NEW!
- “Give Me Back My 15 Cents” (Basic)
- “Gold Rush” (Basic)
- “I Am a Pilgrim” (Basic) -NEW!
- “Jerusalem Ridge” (Basic)
- “Jimmy Brown” (Basic)
- “Kitchen Girl” (Basic)
- "Lonesome Moonlight Waltz" (Basic)
- “Margaret's Waltz” (Basic) -NEW!
- “Old Joe Clark” (Basic) -NEW!
- “Over the Waterfall” (Basic)
- “Red Haired Boy” (Basic)
- “Red Wing” (Basic)
- "Salt Creek" (Basic)
- “Shady Grove” (Basic)
- “Soldier's Joy” (Basic)
- “St. Anne's Reel” (Basic) -NEW!
- "The Storms are on the Ocean" (Basic)
- “Turkey in the Straw” (Basic)
- “Whiskey Before Breakfast” (Basic)
- Additional Submitted Songs and Miscellaneous Topics
- Submit a Placement Video
+ Intermediate Guitar
+ Advanced Guitar
+ The Improv Workshop
Select A Plan
What's In This Plan
- Unlimited Access to Lessons
- Unlimited Access to Video Exchange Library
- 1 Video Submission to Teacher
- Music Theory Workshop
- Acoustic Guitar 101