with Howard Levy
Howard Levy captures his Grammy®-winning sound in this rich library of harmonica lessons. Students in the harmonica course access hundreds of video lessons, backing tracks of many music genres and more. Learn how to play harmonica from a true master.
Exercises for all positions Tongue blocking tips
Bending & overblowing techniques Blues to folk styles
What You'll Learn
What ultimately sets these harmonica lessons apart from other offerings is the ability to submit a video for review using the ArtistWorks Video Exchange Learning® platform. Howard reviews each submission and records a video response, offering specific guidance to take your harmonica playing to the next level. All students can access the Video Exchange library and watch each other’s interactions with Howard. This library is constantly expanding and may contain the key to unlock your playing.
Top Quality Harmonica Lessons
- 100s of harmonica lessons at your own pace
- All levels and styles of playing welcome
- Slow Motion & Looping on videos
About Howard Levy
A master of the harmonica for over 40 years, Howard Levy pioneered playing the diatonic harmonica as a fully chromatic instrument including the "overblowing" and "overbending" techniques. Howard has explored multiple genres including Jazz, Classical, Latin and other styles of World Music in his journey. Aside from his prolific work as a solo performer, he is a founding member of the group Bela Fleck and The Flecktones and a member of Trio Globo, Chévere de Chicago and Acoustic Express; and has recorded collaborations with countless industry giants. Howard has been teaching harmonica lessons online with ArtistWorks since 2009.
– Performances & More
- "Help Me Baby"
- "Help Me Baby" On an F Harp
- "Blackberry Blossom"
- "Rhythm Changes"
- "So What"
- "Stormy Monday"
- "In My Life"
- "Lady Be Good"
- "The Streets of Paris"
- "Walking the Floor"
- "Manhã de Carnival"
- "Jovano, Jovanke"- Macedonian Blues
- "Karlov's Gankino"
- "The Christmas Song"
- "Latin Jazz Blues in D Minor" - Howard Soloing on Harmonica
- "Stormy Monday" in G - Backing Track
- "How High the Moon" *added 01/07/2010*
- "How High the Moon" - amplified *added 01/07/2010*
- "I'm an Old Cowhand"
- Howard Recaps his May, 2010 Tour of Europe
- SPAH 2010: Bernie Bray Award Acceptance Speech
- SPAH 2010: Amazing Grace
- With Andreas Oberg: "Just The Way You Are"
- Backstage Pass: Howard Recording the New Flecktones CD
- SPAH 2010: Jovano, Jovanke
- SPAH 2010: Seminar Part 1
- SPAH 2010: Seminar Part 2
- SPAH 2010: Seminar Part 3
- With Andreas Oberg: "Sunflower"
- "Turkey in the Straw"
- SPAH 2010: "Evanston Tango"
- The Story of Balkan Samba Records Part 1
- The Story of Balkan Samba Records Part 2
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas- a cappella
- SPAH 2010: "Nuages"
+ Howard Levy and Chris Siebold: Live at Silos
+ Special Guests
+ Harmonica Facts
+ Tips & Techniques
Select A Plan
What's In This Plan
- Unlimited Access to Lessons
- Unlimited Access to Video Exchange Library
- 1 Video Submission to Teacher
- Music Theory Workshop
- Acoustic Guitar 101